Saturday, January 2, 2016

Between Innings with GreyWolves Head Baseball Coach Justin Barchus : on Leadership

GreyWolves (Lacche): What did you learn about yourself, leading some of the very best USSSA national teams this decade, posting an amazing record of 206-83-5?

Coach Barchus: I think I learned how many talented baseball players there are out there. We played a lot of good teams, and it allowed me to understand the demand of being prepared for every game. Being an ultra-competitive person, I learned how to react to the game as a coach. When you play good teams every day, you can't allow yourself to get caught up in every negative play, you can't let your players see it get to you. Always maintaining calm, and developing great communication with the players has always been important to me. In tense situations, you need to be the source of calm as the head guy, you need to be able to communicate your message while keeping them calm and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment